If you know me but at all you would know that I have an un-healthy obsession with glitter.
I’m like a magpie, I am attracted to anything shiny and then immediately fall in love with it.
You can imagine my joy when two of my favourite things combined and created such wondrous things. Things like glitter beards and glitter roots.
For something a little different today I’ll give you a quick little ‘How to get Glitter Roots’ hair tutorial.
- Go to any craft store and pick out your desired glitter. I also got shiny heart confetti to sprinkle on top, because why not!Also pick up some hard drying hair gel. It's best to get a clear one, but I got one with a blue hue to get more of a galaxy glow.
- In a small container add in the same amount of glitter to hair gel.There's no wrong amount, but if you are wanting a thick glitter look than you will need to make a large batch.
- Mix the glitter and the gel together with an applicator brush.
- Now go crazy and apply it where ever you wish on your hair style.
- Let the gel dry and have everyone admire your awesome sparkly do!
Once you have added the glitter to your beautiful roots, you can style your hair in many ways.
I don’t care what the theme is, I’m definitely doing this for the next dress up party that I go to. Enjoy!
Fishtail braid hair style with glitter paste and heart confetti.
Fishtail braid styled with glitter paste and heart confetti.
Have you put glitter roots in your hair? How did you go following the steps to make glitter roots? Let me know how you went in the comments below.