HARLEY QUINN! A character that is going to be by far the MOST popular female halloween dress up this year.
She is so incredibly kick ass I couldn’t go without doing a hair tutorial just for her.
Harley is a character that has been popular for years but has recently been revived by the DC Comics Suicide Squad movie.
This hair style is a good one to have under your belt. She will be a good costume choice for many a fancy dress parties, villain themed parties, cosplays or comic-cons to come!
All you need to create this style is a curling wand, teasing brush, two elastics and some bright and colourful hair chalk spray!
This hair style is seriously easy, if you need a little moral support whilst doing it though, then check out my video tutorial below!
I had so much fun dressing up as this crazy lass and I hope you will too!
Harley Quinn Hairstyle Tutorial Video
Watch the Harley Quinn hairstyle tutorial to learn step-by-step how to style crazy gorgeous pigtails like Harley!
And subscribe to see more videos like this one.
How to Harley Quinn Hairstyle
Follow these steps to style your hair just like Harley Quinn from the Suicide Squad movie.
- Part your hair down the middle into two even sections. Separate the section you will be doing second by clipping it to the side with a sectioning clip.
- Separate a small section of hair at the top of your head and leave it out, this piece is to stay out and frame your face.
- Now brush your remaining hair in a high piggy tail towards the back of your head.
- Before closing your piggy tail with your elastic, take a section of your piggy tail and wrap it around your elastic and tuck it through your open loop.
- Now pull your piggy tail tight towards your head.
- After removing the sectioning clip from your second section of hair, repeat steps 2-5 on the other side.
- If you would like some more volume then pull small sections of hair from your piggy tail towards your face creating height.
- To create those dreamy curls, curl each piggy tail all in one direction. Not forgetting to first spray thermal protectant.
- Now with your teasing brush, back comb the top sections of you piggy tails and then smooth over.
- YAY SUPER FUN PART!!! Take your spray on hair chalk and spray BLUE on the left piggy tail and RED on the right piggy tail.
TIP: Use paper towel or rubber gloves as the backing to avoid the spray from going where you don't want it to go. This will also prevent your hands from getting colourful!
- To complete your style spritz some hair spray over your style to complete the look.
TA-DA! You are now looking like the crazy awesome Harley Quinn!
Are you dressing up as Harley Quinn this Halloween?
Have you dressed up as her before? How did the Harley Quinn hairstyle go for you?
Please let me know in the comments below.