Have you always wondered how to just do a basic plait? But now you’ve gotten to a certain age and it’s somewhat expected that you should know this and now you’re too embarrassed to ask how?
Well worry no more! Here is a super simple tutorial for you to follow.
Plaiting can be a bit complicated if you are just starting out for the first time so don’t stress, just practice!
Plaits are awesome for those relaxing days at home where you want your hair out of your eyes but you would still like it to hang around and frame your face.
I love to wear them two by two, but you can also fashion it into one down your back if you are serious about getting down to business.
Items you need for this hairstyle
If you would like more of a visual lesson and would like to follow along with me than check out my video tutorial below, then we can plait together!
I have also made steps for you to follow underneath the video. Follow each step to learn how to do the plait on your hair.
Hair Plaits Video Tutorial
Watch the Plaiting hair tutorial to become a hair plaiting master! Learn how to plait your hair.
And subscribe to see more videos like this one.
How to Plait your hair
Follow each step to learn how to plait your hair. Click on one of the videos to zoom in.
- To create two plaits you need to section your hair into two and place each section over your shoulder near to your face. This way the sections won’t get caught up in another causing a mess.
- Take 2 fingers into your first section of hair and divide that section into 3 equal parts. Make sure these parts are nice and separate and there aren’t any knots joining parts together.
- Now we begin the plait, YAY! Take your middle section bringing it up and over the back outer section. Bring that back outer section into the middle, this is now the middle section.
- Take your now middle section and take it up and over the front outer section and bring the front out section into the middle, this is now the middle section.
- Now repeat these steps until you have reached the desired length of your plait.
- Plaiting the hair...
- Once you have reached the desired length you can optionally choose to texturise your plait like I do. To texturise your plait simply pull each part of the plait releasing parts of the hair as you go to create a fat texturised look.
- Once you are happy with the look of your plait, use an elastic to tie off the bottom of the plaited hair.
- Repeat steps 2-8 on the other side of hair to make a plait on the other side of your head.
Look, LOOK! A nice plait ready for any occasion.
HURRAY YOU’VE DONE YOUR FIRST PLAIT!!
Keep practising this technique and you will be a super hair plaiter in no time!
Save this hair tutorial on your Pinterest
Like this hair style? Make sure you save it so you can do it again!